How Do Drug Savings Cards Work?
Drug Savings cards contain special computerized instructions that can be
read by the pharmacy's computer, similar to an ATM card. When the card
information is entered, the price on the prescription is discounted
based on the pharmacy's agreement with Agelity.
Who Needs a Drug Savings Card?
Any individual with limited or no prescription drug coverage can benefit
from a drug savings card. Instead of paying full price for medication,
card members can save money whenever they purchase prescription drugs.
People who already have insurance coverage may still find the card
useful, as it can discount medications that are not covered by their
The drug savings card can also be especially useful to
seniors enrolled in Medicare. It has been estimated that as many as 38%
of Medicare recipients lack prescription drug coverage.
What Kind of Savings Are We Talking About?
The drug savings card offers substantial discounts on all brand-name and
generic drugs. How substantial? In brief, we save members an average of
15% on brand drugs and 40% on generic drugs. These savings increase
even more on generic when members utilize our mail-order pharmacy.
Additional Prescription Plan Advantages:
- Unlimited use
- All prescription drugs discounted
- Lowest-price override
- Generic substitution when allowed by prescribing
- Top-quality, major-pharmacy mail order service
- 24-hour help desk
- No waiting periods
- No claim forms to file
- No medical exams, no exclusions for pre-existing
- No enrollment requirements or restrictions
Where to Use the Prescription Plan:
Your card is valid at thousands of locations nationwide. All chain
pharmacies and most independent pharmacies have been given equal
opportunity to serve you through our program. Additional pharmacies are
constantly being recruited, and our pharmacy directory is continually
Simply use the Location tool provided on this Web Site
locate a participating
pharmacy near you!
How to Use Your Prescription Plan:
- Select a Pharmacy/Find a price: Your card is valid at
thousands of locations nationwide. Simply use the
pricing tool to locate a
participating pharmacy near you and their pricing information for your
- Submit your prescription: Present your prescription to the
pharmacist. If you need to transfer a prescription, bring your empty
prescription bottle or label with you to the pharmacy.
- Show your card: Just present the card at any participating pharmacy. Because each card contains special instructions that can be stored on the pharmacy’s computer system, you usually need to present it only once.
- You Save: Once your prescription is filled you pay the
discounted price. It's that easy!
If your pharmacy is not participating
in this plan, but would like to enroll in our network, we cordially
invite their participation. To enroll, simply have the pharmacist call
the help desk number provided on the back of your card.