Thank you for using First Federal Mobile Banking combined with your handheld's text messaging capabilities. For help, text "HELP&ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFERS ; to FFBANK (332265). To cancel your plan, send a text "STOP" to FFBANK (332265) at anytime. In case of questions please contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 843-529-5555 in the Charleston metro area or call toll-free at 888-529-2220. Standard messaging charges apply.
First Federal Mobile Banking Service ("Mobile Banking" or "Service") is provided to you by First Federal
Access to and use of FIRST FEDERAL MOBILE BANKING SERVICE is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Unauthorized use of First Federal Mobile Banking Service or information accessed via First Federal Mobile Banking Service is strictly prohibited.
- INTRODUCTION; DESCRIPTION OF FIRST FEDERAL MOBILE BANKING SERVICE.
WHAT DOES FIRST FEDERAL MOBILE BANKING SERVICE INCLUDE?
Account Access. There is no limit to the number of personal accounts that you can access through Mobile Banking, but one of these accounts must be a checking account.
Transfer of Funds. In addition to viewing account information, you may use Mobile Banking to conduct the transfer of funds. You may transfer funds from any deposit account to any deposit account or loan (“eligible accounts”).
- First Federal Mobile Banking Service includes Text Banking, Mobile Web Access, and downloadable Client Application. Text Banking allows you to view your available account balance and review recent account history using only the text message functionality on your mobile device.
NOTE: Because regulations require the Bank to limit preauthorized transfers (including Mobile Banking transfers), the following limitations apply:
§ From Savings and Money Market accounts -You can make no more than six (6) transfer withdrawals per statement period by preauthorized or automatic transfer or by telephone or Mobile Banking.
- Alerts The following are standard supported alerts:
- Low Balance
- Deposit confirmation
- Withdrawal confirmation
- Withdrawal threshold exceeded
- Daily Balance
- Additional Services. New services may be introduced for Mobile Banking from time to time. The Bank will notify you via e-mail or U.S. Mail of the existence of these new services. By using these services when they become available, you agree to be bound by the rules that will be made available to you concerning these services.
3. WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR FIRST FEDERAL MOBILE BANKING SERVICE?
- Text Banking requires a text-enabled mobile device. You do not need Internet access on your mobile device to use Text Banking.
- Mobile Web Access requires a browser enabled mobile device. You will need Internet access on your mobile device to use Mobile Web.
- Access via Client Application requires the ability to download and install the Client Application directly to your mobile phone.
- From time to time, First Federal may develop additional mobile banking services. As such services are developed you will have the opportunity to add them to your First Federal Mobile Banking Service, provided you have compatible wireless hardware and software, as specified in the e-mail or U.S. mail materials regarding new services.
4. HOW TO REGISTER FOR FIRST FEDERAL MOBILE BANKING SERVICE
- You must first register for First Federal Mobile Banking Service from a personal computer using First Federal’s Mobile Banking Website and
not from the mobile device.
- Availability: First Federal Mobile Banking Service is available beginning 04/15/2009.
5. ACCESS FEES
- Standard messaging charges will apply. Check your mobile plan or your Mobile carrier for more details.
- When accessing your Mobile Banking Account via the internet you are responsible for keeping your password and Mobile Banking Account information confidential. In order to protect yourself against fraud, you should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Do not give out your account information, Password, or User ID;
- Do not leave your PC unattended while you are in the Bank's Mobile Banking Web Site;
- Never leave your account information within range of others; and
- Do not send privileged account information (account number, Password, etc.) in any public or general e-mail system. As a reminder First Federal will never request this type of information via email or text messaging.
- If you believe your password has been lost or stolen, or if you suspect any fraudulent activity on your account, call First Federal immediately at (888) 529-2220 or (843) 5295555 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Telephoning us is the best way of minimizing your losses and liability.
7. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- PROVIDING HONEST AND ACCURATE INFORMATION UPON REGISTRATION. You agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as requested in registering for the Service, and you agree to not misrepresent your identity.
- NO ILLEGAL USE OF THE FIRST FEDERAL MOBILE BANKING SERVICE. You agree not to use First Federal Mobile Banking Service to conduct any business or activity or solicit the performance of any activity that is prohibited by law or any contractual provision by which you are bound with any person. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations in connection with First Federal Mobile Banking Service. You certify that you are an authorized First Federal customer and are able lawfully to enter into contracts.
- PROMPT NOTIFICATION OF THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF EQUIPMENT.
You agree to notify First Federal timely in the event you lose, change, or destroy the device whose phone number is registered with First Federal Mobile Banking Service.
- NAMING OF ACCOUNTS. You agree not to use any personally-identifiable information when providing shortcuts to, or creating nicknames for your Eligible Accounts.
- CHANGING INITIAL USER ID. You agree to change your initial User ID the first time you sign into the Mobile Banking Website. If the User ID has not been changed during the first 60 days from your initial log in your account access could be disabled.
- CANCEL ALERTS. To cancel the alerts coming to your phone, you can opt out of the program via text messaging. Just send a text that says "STOP" to this number: 332265(FFBANK). You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. And after that, you will not receive any future messages.
Unless otherwise required by applicable
law, any notice or written communication
sent to you electronically.
10. YOUR TERMINATION. To cancel your plan, send a text "STOP" to FFBANK(332265) at anytime.
In case of questions please contact customer service at email@example.com or call 843-529-5555 in the Charleston metro area or call toll-free at 888-529-2220. Standard messaging charges apply.
11. LIMITED LIABILITY FOR USE OF THE
FIRST FEDERAL MOBILE BANKING SERVICE.
We hope you will find First Federal
Mobile Banking Service to be useful and
reliable. However, neither First Federal nor
its First Federal Mobile Banking Service
providers make any representation or
warranty that you will have continuous or
uninterrupted access to First Federal Mobile
Banking Service or any of its content or
functions, or that any of the functions of
First Federal Mobile Banking Service will be
error-free. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED TO YOU
"AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE," AND FIRST
FEDERAL, AND OUR FIRST FEDERAL MOBILE
BANKING SERVICE PROVIDERS MAKE NO
REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY RELATING TO THE
FIRST FEDERAL MOBILE BANKING SERVICE
(INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS
PERFORMANCE, AVAILABILITY, CONTENTS, OR
FUNCTIONS) OR ANY ADVERTISEMENTS, OR
WEBSITES IN CONNECTION WITH THAT SERVICE,
INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS AND TITLE, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY FAILURE OR NONPERFORMANCE OF THE FIRST FEDERAL MOBILE BANKING SERVICE (INCLUDING ANY ASSOCIATED SOFTWARE OR OTHER MATERIALS SUPPLIED IN CONNECTION WITH THE FIRST FEDERAL MOBILE BANKING SERVICE) SHALL BE FOR US TO USE COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PERFORM AN ADJUSTMENT OR REPAIR OF FIRST FEDERAL MOBILE BANKING SERVICE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. You may also have other legal rights, varying from state to state.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH USING A MOBILE
DEVICE, AND THAT IN THE EVENT OF THEFT OR LOSS, YOUR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION COULD BE COMPROMISED.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and
hold FIRST FEDERAL and its affiliates,
officers, directors, employees, consultants,
agents, FIRST FEDERAL MOBILE BANKING SERVICE
providers, and licensors harmless from any
and all third party claims, liability,
damages and/or costs (including, but not
limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees)
arising from (a) a third party claim,
action, or allegation of infringement,
misuse, or misappropriation based on
information, data, files, or other materials
submitted by you to FIRST FEDERAL MOBILE
BANKING SERVICE; (b) any fraud,
manipulation, or other breach of these Terms
of Use by you; (c) any third party claim,
action, or allegation brought against First
Federal arising out of or relating to a
dispute with you over the terms and
conditions of an agreement or related to the
purchase or sale of any goods or First
Federal Mobile Banking Services; (d) your
violation of any law or rights of a third
party; (e) your use, or the provision of the
First Federal Mobile Banking Service or use
of your account by any third party; and (f)
damages that result from misuse or loss of
your phone or misuse of the First Federal
Mobile Banking Service. First Federal
reserves the right, at its own expense, to
assume the exclusive defense and control of
any matter otherwise subject to
indemnification by you, in which event you
will cooperate at your expense with First
Federal in asserting any available defenses.
You will not settle any action or claims on
First Federal's behalf without the prior
written consent of First Federal.
13. ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFERS – YOUR RIGHTS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND
LIABILITIES. The following
supplements the Electronic Funds Transfer
information in the General Accountholders
Agreement provided to you at time of account
There is no limit for the number of mobile banking transfers you can make in a business day or during a statement cycle, except for transfers from savings and money market accounts as described in Section 2 above. Also the amount of your transfer is limited only by the balance in the account the transfer is made from (funding account) plus any available, linked ACR balance. You are not permitted to overdraw your funding deposit account via a mobile transfer (IE. you are not permitted to access ODP via a mobile transfer). Listed below are the types of transfers you can make, provided your First Federal accounts are enrolled for Mobile Banking Service access:
- Transfer from checking account to another checking account
- Transfer from savings or money market to checking account
- Transfer from checking to savings or money market account
- Transfer from checking for loan payment
- Transfer from savings or money market (see limits listed in Section 2 above) for loan
- Transfer from EAL (home equity line of credit, if your account number begins with 0107) to checking, savings or money market deposit account
- Transfer from ACR (unsecured line of credit) to checking, savings or money market account
Mobile transfers are immediate and cannot be stopped. If you make a mistake in the transfer amount or in selecting account nicknames, you will need to make a subsequent transfer to correct your mistake, or contact Customer Service at 843-529-5555 or 1-888-529-2220 for assistance. You will be able to view your transfers immediately via Mobile Text, Mobile Web or Client Application access. Mobile transfers will be listed on your account statements.
Posting of Transfers Mobile transfers initiated through the System before 8:30p.m. Eastern Standard Time on a business day are posted to your account the same day. Transfers completed after 8:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on a business day, Saturday, Sunday or banking holiday, will be posted on the next business day. You agree to communicate with any other persons with authorized access to your accounts concerning any transfers from your accounts in order to avoid overdrafts.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AND LIABILITIES: Tell us AT ONCE if your mobile code, mobile device, user name or password (used for enrollment or to make changes to Mobile Services), is LOST OR STOLEN, or you believe an electronic transfer has been made from your account without your permission – even if you believe information from a check may have been used to originate this transfer. Telephoning is the best way to keep your losses down. Call us immediately at (888) 529-2220 or (843) 529-5555 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (except holidays).
You COULD LOSE ALL THE MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT (plus your maximum ACR line of credit amount) if you do not tell us within 2 business days of discovering the loss, theft or an unauthorized transfer. If we can prove we could have stopped someone from accessing your account without your permission had you told us in time, you could lose as much as $500.00. If you tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your mobile code, mobile device, user name or password – you can lose no more than $50 if someone uses them without your permission.
Also if your statement shows transfers that you did not make tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 of the statement being provided to you (e-mail/Internet banking or U.S. Mail), you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a hospital stay or long trip) kept you from telling us about unauthorized transactions on your statement, we will extend the time periods.
14. ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFERS – OUR RESPONSIBILITIES AND LIABILITIES.
We take our responsibility of safeguarding your private information very seriously. We will disclose information about you, your accounts, your transfer requests, and/or your access device(s) to third parties only under very limited circumstances, such as:
- When it is necessary in order to complete a transfer or service which you requested, or
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as credit bureau or merchant, or
- In order to comply with government agency or court orders, or
- If you give us your written permission.
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of our own, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer. - If the transfer would go over the credit limit available through your EAL or ACR lines of credit.
- If your access device looses its signal during the transaction, whether due to problems with satellites, towers, or your device’s battery charge. - If your access device fails to work properly.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood, hurricane or tornado) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
IN CASE OF ERRORS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ELECTRONIC TRANSFERS:
- Call us at 843-529-5555 or 1-888-529-2220, Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., except Legal Holidays, or · Write to us at Mobile Banking Services, First Federal, PO Box 118068, Charleston, SC 294238068, or
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
As soon as you can, if you think your statement or mobile display is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or mobile display. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
(1) Tell us your name and account number (if any).
(2) Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
(3) Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account.
For errors involving new accounts or foreign-initiated transactions, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. For new accounts, we may take up to 20 business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error.
We will tell you the results of our review within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.